Here are some quick instructions to install Wordpress on a MoodleBox. This is given absolutely without any support: you're on your own on this one, be warned!
- Create a database for your WordPress on the MoodleBox. You can do this easily by visiting http://moodlebox.home/adminer.php (see: https://moodlebox.net/en/help/access-to-the-database-management-interface/) and clicking Create database. A good database name would be
- Access to the MoodleBox via SSH (see: https://moodlebox.net/en/help/command-line-connection/)
- Change the working directory to /var/www/:
- Download Wordpress, using e.g.
sudo wget -c https://wordpress.org/latest.tar.gz and expand it with
sudo tar -xzf latest.tar.gz
- Change owner and group of wordpress folder:
sudo chown -R www-data:www-data wordpress/
- Delete downloaded compressed file to save some place:
sudo rm latest.tar.gz (optional)
- Create a soft link to the Wordpress installation:
sudo ln -s /var/www/wordpress/ /var/www/moodle/wordpress
- With your browser, access the URL: http://moodlebox.home/wordpress/ and finish the installation, using the correct infos:
- database name: whatever you enter at the first step, e.g.
- database username:
- database password:
MoodleBox4$ (or what your main password actually is, if you changed it)
- database host:
- table prefix:
wp_ is OK